What a productive week! After about 3 or 4 redesigns in as many weeks, I finally released a new website at baldbeardedbuilder.com using Astro, TailwindCSS, Supabase, Cloudinary, and Netlify. Someone in the Build with Me Discord mentioned the benefits of keeping it simple and it really triggered my brain to redesign it that way. (Thanks Mary Jo!)
A fun side effect is I now have a list of topics to write/record about to explain how I implemented different features. More to come there.
Until next time, check out the cool stuff I found last week, and I’ll see you online!
- Analog Task Tracking with Ugmonk - A really interesting way of tracking your priorities on analog cards.
- How I Got Hired Contributing to Open-Source Projects - Ogbonna Sundaya tells his story of landing a job by contributing to open-source projects.
- Where are the Google Domains Alternatives? - With Google Domains being sold to Squarespace, where else could your domains live? Brandon Roberts shows us some options.
- 6 ASP.NET Core Open-Source Projects to Boost Your Pratical Skills - Great list of sample projects to help you write better ASP.NET applications.
- RedwoodJS’ Next Epoch: All In on React Server Components - RedwoodJS is hopping on the RSC bandwagon fast!
- The State of CSS 2023 Survey is Live - Submit your responses and even get helpful email tips re: CSS if you wish.
Build with Me Weekly
This week in the Build with Me Community:
- Exegete released ”Microservices Circa 2005”
- Mary Jo threw some new key caps on her Ergodox
- Phrakberg shared the Rejected GitHub Profile Achievements repo
Thankful Thursday Highlights
I’m thankful for a new job, almost 2 weeks in now, where I get to write Elixir and Phoenix.