It’s that time again. A huge brain dump of cool stuff I found last week. On a personal note, it was super productive. If you haven’t seen, I started releasing short videos on all the platforms (YT, TikTok, Insta, Twitter, LinkedIn). Luckily, I’ve been able to queue them up, so I’ve already recorded two weeks’ worth. If you get a chance to watch them, I’d love your feedback! I also got the Twitch stream started on a regular cadence, every Tuesday & Thursday at 2pm ET. I’d love to have you drop by to hang out, have fun, and maybe write some code.
Hope you have a productive and happy week!
- Join the #100DaysOfOSS Challenge: OpenSauced is hosting #100DaysOfOSS, helping developers enhance their skills, expand their abilities, and gain practical experience over 100 days. Bekah wrote an intro post. Check it out and signup to participate!
- FakerJS: I found this repo this week and it is amazing at generating realistic fake data for demos, tests, etc. Create fake locations, time-based, financial, products, and other objects that look like realistic user data.
- Announcing .NET 8 Preview 6: If you haven’t been following the development of .NET 8, you need to check out this latest preview. I really like where they’re taking this. Loving the improvements to System.Text.Json and ZipFile.
- Plane: An open-source development tool to manage issues, sprints, and product roadmaps.
- A Typewriter made out of Drums: Maybe you don’t know, but I play a ton of instruments, drums included. This project has to be one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while. I want.
- OverflowAI: It’s kind of funny considering how many people on Twitter (sorry, X) have been sharing the graph of traffic dropping on StackOverflow, that StackOverflow announced OverflowAI. OverflowAI includes a VS Code extension that allows you to ask questions within your editor and can suggest answers.
- GitHub Copilot Chat: Imagine asking GitHub Copilot questions about your organization’s codebase. GitHub Copilot Chat is a context aware AI that reviews code in your repositories to help you work faster. And it’s now available for everyone.
- You’re Not Alone: Taylor Desseyn gave a great keynote at THAT Conference last week.
Build with Me Weekly
This week in the Build with Me Community:
- Wayne released a blog post about an RGB Matrix Display he built for his desk.
- Mark released a new stream effect on his Twitch stream that will blow your mind. How does he do it? It doesn’t include pre-recorded video.
Thankful Thursday Highlights
I am thankful for the dev community as a whole, dev discord servers, and my friend who sub-contracted out to me. It’s my first contract in like 1-1/2 years.
I’m thankful for my team’s new No Meeting Thursdays policy.